There’s nothing not as good as than dry, itchy skin. Dry skin can occur any time throughout the year, but is most common in winter (hence the term, “winter itch”).
Find out why your skin tend to be dry in winter and how to resolve dry hands, feet, body, face and lips year-round.
Dry skin looks dull and life less due to lack of damp. Well hydrated skin glows and exhibits a healthy look. Wrinkles get bigger at an early age due to long-drawn-out dryness of skin.
Dry, rough and wrinkled skin gives an aged look. Dry and cracked skin harbor microbes and cause fungal infections. Excess airing of skin leads to dry eczema.
Dry skin may be a mild, temporary state lasting a few days to weeks. Dry skin may also turn out to be a more severe, long-term skin complexity for some.
Symptoms of dry skin comprise uneasiness from skin tightness and itching. In addition, outside factors such as weather can have an result on the severity of skin dryness.
Causes of Dry Skin
1. The oil glands do not bring in an adequate amount of lubrication to the skin. As a result, the skin becomes dehydrated.
2. Skin gets exposed to the elements particularly in winter.
3. Dry skin could be due to a genetic state.
4. Poor diet. Nutritional deficiencies, particularly deficiencies of vitamin A and the B vitamins, can also add to dry skin.
5. Environmental factors such as exposure to sun, wind, cold, chemicals, or cosmetics, or excessive dip with harsh soaps.
Dry Skin Symptoms
1. Skin has a rough and dry texture in its place of smooth
2. A loss of plumpness – skin appears shrunken or dehydrated
3. Skin is dull in look
4. After showering, bathing, or swim the skin feels and looks tight
5. Flaking, scaling, or peeling of the skin is quite common
6. Itchy feeling which is from time to time intense (so intense it may interfere with proper sleep)
Treatment of Dry Skin
1. Preventing further drying of skin as it does not hold much moisture.
2. Avoid stale, over fried, dry food.
3. Always devour fresh warm food with little fat similar to ghee or olive oil.
4. Include sour and salty food in diet.
5. Sweet juicy fruits are recommended.
6. Drink 7-9 glasses of warm water daily. (Do not drink cold water as it increases vata)
Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Massage the face with almond oil or olive oil each night before departure to bed. The oils can also be used to massage the other part of the body. Good home remedy for dry skin.
The best onslaught method for dry skin is saturated the face in lukewarm water for 10 minutes. It is better to avoid warm water to clean the face above all in winters. This is very useful dry skin treatment.
Prepare a fine combination by adding 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of orange juice,1 teaspoon of olive oil, few drops of rose water and a number of drops of lime juice.
Apply this well ready mixture on the face in the morning 15 minutes before attractive bath. This is very useful home remedy for dry skin.
Mash a ripe banana and be relevant it on the face and neck. Leave it for a little bit and then wash the tolerate with tepid water. This is a best dry skin cure.
Read more useful Home Remedies for Dry Skin . Also know effective Herbal Remedies for Cellulite. Also Read more on Skin Care
Dr. Sarkozy Mikal